Alaynee Goodwill #1
"Beading and adornments by Alaynee Goodwill, Lakota/Dakota Nation"
160 Gram Sustainably-reclaimed Coypu Felt
Traditionally Smoked Moose Hide
Delica Glass Beeds
Brim Width: 3.25"
Crown Height: 4"
“PEJUTA WACHA WIN” Medicine Flower
“I am a registered social worker, child and family advocate, business owner, arts instructor, powwow dancer and mother. Within my pieces, I share who I am and the stories of my people, while honoring my family and celebrating life. Keeping the integrity of traditional art processes, each piece is constructed using the most authentic materials and culturally accurate methods to ensure the highest quality of plains quillwork. My work pays tribute to the history of a plains tribe and carries the cultural continuum of a beautiful and proud people.”
Tribal Affiliation: Lakota/Dakota Sioux
Find more of her work at https://byellowtail.com/pages/alaynee-goodwill
All wool-felt hats can also be made of our premium dress or western weight Coypu felt; contact us for more info.
Every hat is made-to-order, which generally take about 2-4 weeks. As with any handmade item, there may be slight variations from hat to hat. Free shipping within the US.
- Using a tape measure or piece of string (one that does not stretch), wrap the circumference of your head. Wrap the tape or string LOOSELY, do not pull it tight. Ensure that you are measuring just above your ear where the hat will rest. This is where your head is widest.
- If using a string, measure the length of the string on a ruler.
- Measure multiple times to make sure that you get it right.
- Use the measurement to select from the following sizes that we offer.
- When in doubt, or if you are in between sizes, then size up and send us a note when you place your order. We will make sure to include some special felt tape strips that you can easily place in your hat to help it fit snugly.
- Small: 55cm
- Medium: 57cm
- Large: 59cm
- X-Large: 61cm