In a quest to work with like minded small businesses whose mission is to preserve artistic traditions and crafts, we partnered with Ixchel Triangle to bring you handcrafted hat boxes. Each woven design holds a story of Mayan symbology representing aspects of protection, unity, wisdom, and life beginnings. The dedicated artisans we work with strive to create a balance between the planet and customers through the use of natural dyes.
Made with genuine leather and lined with foot loomed corte our sturdy yet elegant boxes will protect what is valuable, the stories of the things contained.
- 100% genuine leather exterior
- 100% foot loomed corte interior
- 100% handwoven and naturally died weaving
- two large interior pockets
- genuine leather handle
- brushed bronze/nickel hook closures
On the hide models, the hide patterns vary.
- 17"W x 15"H x 9.5"D
Will fit hats with a 3.25" brim or less.
Every hat is made-to-order, which generally take about 2-4 weeks. As with any handmade item, there may be slight variations from hat to hat. Free shipping within the US.
- Using a tape measure or piece of string (one that does not stretch), wrap the circumference of your head. Wrap the tape or string LOOSELY, do not pull it tight. Ensure that you are measuring just above your ear where the hat will rest. This is where your head is widest.
- If using a string, measure the length of the string on a ruler.
- Measure multiple times to make sure that you get it right.
- Use the measurement to select from the following sizes that we offer.
- When in doubt, or if you are in between sizes, then size up and send us a note when you place your order. We will make sure to include some special felt tape strips that you can easily place in your hat to help it fit snugly.
- Small: 55cm
- Medium: 57cm
- Large: 59cm
- X-Large: 61cm